Earlier, I shared 5 Things I Like About WordPress. As I mentioned in that post, web design is not a one size fits all type of business. The best designers look at your needs and use the best tools to fit your site. Be careful of any designer that says there is only one content management system (CMS) that can handle everything. That's why we like to stay flexible and use a variety of tools at Levy Media Marketing: it lets us build you a unique site tailored specifically to your wants and needs. Perhaps, Drupal is the best CMS for your site. Here are five things that I personally like about Drupal.
- Flexibility: I once heard Drupal described as being given all of the Legos (meaning that you can build anything you want). With Drupal, your site has the potential to do pretty much anything that you want it to.
- Community: Drupal seems to have a lot of dedicated, expert users who are always sharing their knowledge with other users. There is even a DrupalCon for the most hardcore fans. This means that there is a lot of potential help out there. If you have a problem, odds are that someone in the Drupal community has already solved it and written about it.
- Modules: Because Drupal has such a great community, there are a lot of developers making modules (like plug-ins for WordPress) to help in developing your site.
- Taxonomy: Drupal allows you to make your own taxonomy (like categories and tags in WordPress) and sort content based on these categories. Depending on the type of website you want, this can be a pretty amazing feature.
- Open Source: One of the coolest things about Drupal , in my opinion, is that there are so many people able to freely share ideas to make it better. As long as the community stays strong, we can expect great new modules and updates for Drupal.
These are just a few of the things that I think are great about Drupal. Please let everyone know what you like about Drupal in the comments below.